Clary Fray just wishes that her life would go back to normal. But what’s normal when you’re a demon-slaying Shadowhunter, your mother is in a magically induced coma, and you can suddenly see Downworlders like werewolves, vampires, and faeries? If Clary left the world of the Shadowhunters behind, it would mean more time with her best friend, Simon, who’s becoming more than a friend. But the Shadowhunting world isn’t ready to let her go — especially her handsome, infuriating, newfound brother, Jace. And Clary’s only chance to help her mother is to track down rogue Shadowhunter Valentine, who is probably insane, certainly evil — and also her father.
To complicate matters, someone in New York City is murdering Downworlder children. Is Valentine behind the killings — and if he is, what is he trying to do? When the second of the Mortal Instruments, the Soul-Sword, is stolen, the terrifying Inquisitor arrives to investigate and zooms right in on Jace. How can Clary stop Valentine if Jace is willing to betray everything he believes in to help their father?
Book 2 of the mortal instruments
Rating : 5
The book was fast paced and good.
The book has everything you can possibly imagine in a paranormal young adult fantasy. Vampires werewolves magic everything.
The character building and development of Isabelle , Alexander , Magnus are amazing.
They werent given much attention in the previous book and the rectification has been done.
- Plot is emotionally awesome .
- I could totally connect to the plot and feel.
- As usual , I guessed the important plot twist though there are more unexpected twists and turns.
Why should you read this book?
This is my personal recommendation because
- Basically this book has everything fantasy lovers read
- There are more decisions made in the book compared to the first book
- Jace and magnus are so cute
- You can understand more awesome memes and the shadowhunters tv show.