Hey guys , today is my stop on dreamer blogtour hosted by Shelea at Caffeine book tours .
Book name : Dreamer
Author : Ja – Mel Vinson
The day before moving into her new dorm, college freshman, Maya Lilac, has a nightmare that ends with her coming face-to-face with a second version of herself. After being haunted by the dream during move-in day, she finally comes in contact with her double, nicknamed “Lucent”, and learns that she actually has powers and can—among other things—make her dreams come true.
Maya soon discovers, however, that she’s the True Dreamer, a person reaching back as far as Joan of Arc that’s tasked with protecting her species from any and all threats… including her seemingly-peaceful and non-combative double. But, not everyone shares Maya’s vision that her clone isn’t out to harm anybody, especially her mother. As Maya and her mother fight over whether Lucent is a legitimate threat, Maya trains in her now-active powers to fulfill her destiny of protecting the world, whether she has to take care of Lucent or not.
First of all , I’m practically blown by Ja-Mel Vinson’s world-building.
It’s so well planned and detailed. And he has thought through with it
There is even a history Q&A thing where the author explains the intense world-building.
The characters are well executed almost for their full potential. We can hope for more in the upcoming books definitely.
The characters and the creatures are fairly interesting. Thanks to the world building.
There are pets who are actually Guardian angels and they’re so awesome.
The writing wasn’t really much of a page turner but the writer compensates it with the plot line .
Maya is a gorgeous kind girl with amazing (chosen one kind of) abilities. And I really wanna see more of her .
If you like scifi or fantasy and wanna start reading the other one , this is a perfect starter pack.
- Blog tour launch at Shut up, Shealea
- Review from Krisha @ Bookathon
- Cover-inspired moodboard from Holed Up In A Book
- Review from Shomoret: Masked Reviewer
- Review from Books and Ladders
- Review, creative post, & playlist from Nox Reads
- Review from Phannie the Ginger Bookworm
- Creative post from Your Tita Kate
- Author interview with Shut up, Shealea
- Excerpt & playlist from Belle’s Archive
- Review & graphics from Diary of an Avid Reader
- Review from Me
- Review from ETJ Writes
- Review & creative post from Living a Hundred Lives
- Review & aesthetics from Open Pages
- Review, creative post, & graphics from Stella’s Bookish World
- Review from Crimson Talks Books
- Creative post & phone wallpapers from Novels & Waffles
- Review & creative post from R E A (D) I V I N E
- Review from Thisbookishlifeofmine
Have you read this book?? Is this in your tbr??