Guess whose stop it is for kooky kids club blogtour!!???
Book : Kooky Kids Club
Author : Robbie Yates
Rating : 5
Maxine is smart, quirky, and a bit of a misfit. One day, she receives a mysterious invitation to a meeting of the “Kooky Kids’ Club.”
Things are looking bright. It’s nice to finally have a real group of friends. Then Maxine’s teacher disappears.
Maxine doesn’t know what happened to her beloved teacher, or how she can help. But if anybody has the smarts to help Miss Thompson, it’s Maxine and the Kooky Kids’ Club…
This quirky chapter book is for the best kind of kids—the ones who are a little bit kooky!
Warning: there is no bullying in this booj except for a few kids snickering.
Why we should read this book? Is it another children’s fiction? Or is it something else? Is it way out of your genre , why should you even bother to check it out?
- First of all , this book is a smol book but it has the combo effect of all children fic we all probably read. May be not BFG… But still
- The book enhances the importance of friendship .
Kooky kids club is basically a club for weird kids in the school who no one wants. We all hated middle school at some point. But this club accepts and encourages us to be “ourselves” and thereby giving friendship to everyone.
Maxine was supposed to be doing her writing. Instead, however, she was sketching zebras at the bottom of her page.
That’s when I decide to love maxine (spoiler alert : this is the first line)
Why Maxine is perfect
- Maxine is a quirky weird kid in class who has no friend , which happens to all of us in somepoint of school(i had the most connection with this , cz i was “THE” nerd in school and life wasn’t easy in middle school)
- Maxine has a crush on the tall good looking guy in her class (comeon how many of us “didn’t” have had this boy or girl we crushed so hard and squeezed ourselves in the end?)
Ok , the plot of saving the good teacher might sound cliche . But the way it has been moved is awesome. Kids are actually scared and being extra consious of being watched. That is like , has an reality aura.
The End ! ( Don’t worry , no spoilers)
The end couldn’t have been more perfect. The perfect act of coincidence was so awesome.
Thank you so much shalini at digitalblogstour for giving me a chance for reading and reviewing this gem.
Note to Robbie
If you ever read this , please consider adding a pet to the mc . It would’ve been more perfect(if thats even possible)
About the author
Robbie Yates is an author who is fueled by the delicious coffee of Melbourne, Australia. He likes cocoa, cheeky poetry, and eating all of the red jellybeans before anybody else can get to them.
In his free time, Robbie likes to read ridiculous and wacky kids’ fiction.
He also likes practical jokes and terrible puns.
Books by Robbie
- Daniel and Daniel’s worst zoo
- One very odd teacher
- Kooky kids club